Wednesday, April 28, 2010

All American

When I went down to Nashville, I didn't know what I was going to see that day. When I got down there I was told that I was going to shoot a car that is owned by a guy named Doug, that owned an engine shop called grooms. I didn't know that I was going to be in the presence of one of Ford's best vehicles.

The car was a 1940 Ford Coupe'. Everything about this car was perfect; from the paint to the upholstery. The curves on this thing were absolutely amazing. The heart of this beast was not from Ford, but from Chevrolet. It was a sleeper. It made about upper 300's in horsepower, and mid 400's in torque. This car had a history to it as well. Doug and his friends used to street race it up in Minnesota back in the late 50's early 60's. After that they sold it and Doug found it and restored it to the beauty it is today.

No comments:

Post a Comment